Friday, September 24, 2010

Fujisan


I realize that the last post was a bit vague, but I find that I'm left with very little free time, and even less time where I have access to internet. When I do have both, I find that I'm more interested in posting on facebook than on my blog, which is kind of a shame. Sorry!


Anyways, this past weekend I was able to climb to the top of Mount Fuji! In Japanese, this mountain is revered as being a sacred natural being, so it is addressed as Fuji-san, just as one may address a stranger or person of higher stature.

It may not have been the most physcially demanding mountain that I have ever climbed, as the conditions were certainly favorable, but it certainly was the most impressive. I was actually able to see the sun rise above the clouds, and it was so pretty that I wouldn't mind doing it again. However, as a Japanese cotowaza or saying goes, "You are wise to climb Fuji once and a fool to climb it twice." I guess once was enough-for now.

This weekend, I think that I'll be bumming around in Osaka, and I may be able to go to a very interesting Karaoke place or something.

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment