I fail at blogging. I've been here for a half a term, and I've managed to complete less than probably about five posts in all. A friend from Carleton finally inspired me to begin posting again. (Even if it's just a short haiku even once in a while or something.) Just so to let you all know what I've been up since the last post:
-Japanese Hardcore/Punk Show
-Hiroshima and Miyajima
-A Community Field/Activity Day (ιεδΌ)
-Field Trip to a Japanese Prison
-All You Can Eat Pork Dumplings (YEAH I KNOW-INSANE RIGHT?)
-Volunteered in an Senior Citizen Day Center
-Clubbing in Shinsaibashi on Halloween
-Universal Studios Japan
-Mexican food in Namba
-Weekly Church group meetings (also atypical, but it was a host-family related activity)
-America Town (Amemura: Which was bizzare. I imagine it must have been what it's like for mainland Chinese to venture into the Chinatowns across the world. It was a very odd, somewhat stagnated part of American fashion/culture that these stores happened to capture)
The events that I'm looking forward to most (at least the one's I've planned so far)
-My Mom comes to visit and we'll take a trip down to Wakayama
-I'll be meeting my boyfriend in Tokyo!
-Sake Brewery in Kobe
-Byodoin in Kyoto!!!!!
-The Autumn leaves in Kyoto!
As you can see, these haven't been planned out very well, but at least I'm starting to have a backbone of the things that I would like to see/do in my remaining weeks in Japan!
Hopefully I'll be able to write more extensively soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment